Conrail in Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley
By Olev Taremae.
Color laminated hardcover, 8.5x11" 128 glossy pages, maps, color photos throughout. September 2020.
"The area surrounding Allentown and Bethlehem was quickly transformed as seven colorful legacy lines came under Conrail control in 1976. Over the next 24 years, this industrial region of eastern Pennsylvania would go through its own transformation, affecting traffic patterns for years to come. Historian and photographer Olev Taremae explores these changes through colorful photos and detailed text.
Table of Contents
- Legacy Lines
- Allentown Yard
- Lehigh Line East
- Lehigh Line West
- CNJ/LV Lines Abandoned or Sold
- Reading Line
- Secondary and Industrial Tracks:
- Odenwelder Industrial Track
- Washington Secondary
- Delaware Secondary
- Freemansburg and Minsi Trail Industrial Tracks
- Perkiomen Secondary
- Easton & Northern Secondary
- Catasauqua & Fogelsville Secondary
- Various Industrial Tracks Around Allentown
- Ironton Industrial Track
- Bethlehem Secondary
- Nesquehoning Valley Secondary
- Hudson Secondary
- Cement Secondary
- Portland Secondary and Associated Lines
- Norfolk Southern: Fade to Black"