Milwaukee Road Locomotives
Vol 3: Alco, Baldwin, Fairbanks-Morse Locomotives
By Thomas F. Strauss.
Color laminated hardcover, 8.5x11, 185 glossy pages, color and b/w images throughout, photo index, rosters. 2009.
"The third volume in the series features ALCO, Baldwin, and F-M motive power of the Milwaukee Road in depth.
"Hundreds of photos, both color and b&w, action and roster from the 1930s to the 70s. Author Thomas J. Strauss is a a retired Milwaukee Road hostler, fireman and engineer.
- ALCO Switchers, pp. 8-25;
- ALCO Road Switchers, pp. 26-61;
- ALCO Passenger Locomotives, pp. 62-64;
- Baldwin Switchers, pp. 65-91;
- Baldwin Road Switchers, pp. 92-95;
- Baldwin Cow & Calf and Big Ears Road Switchers, pp. 96-103;
- Fairbanks-Morse Switchers, pp. 104-131;
- Fairbanks-Morse Road Switchers, pp. 132-150;
- Fairbanks-Morse Baby Train Masters, pp. 151-155;
- Fairbanks-Morse Road Freight Locomotives, pp. 156-161;
- Fairbanks-Morse Erie-Builts, pp. 162-169;
- Fairbanks-Morse Demonstration Locomotives, pp. 170-172;
- Various Builders: 44-ton and 80-ton, Whitcomb, General Electric, Davenport, Shop Locomotive No. 3 and Diesel-Electric Motor Cars, pp. 173-182;
- ALCO, Baldwin, Fairbanks-Morse Renumbering, pg. 183;
- Diesel Power Plants, pg. 184;
- Photograph Index, pg. 185."