Modeling Cities and Towns
Layout Design and Planning
By Jeff Wilson.
Paperback, 8.25x10.75", 96 pages, 275 color photos. 2020.
"Filled with tons of information and inspiration that you can use today, Modeling Cities and Towns is your guide to making your layout more realistic.
"No matter your layout size, here you'll find a wide variety of topics including:
- modifying and kitbashing structures;
- creating realistic, era-appropriate signs;
- combining multiple scenic elements in tight spaces;
- building track in streets; and
- realistically modeling streets and sidewalks.
Prototype information includes operations; large city passenger stations; and many examples of how real railroads wound through tight urban industrial areas.
"Modeling Cities and Towns is perfect for any modeler planning, building or improving a layout.
"Jeff Wilson has written more than 30 books on railroads and model railroading. He enjoys many facets of the hobby, especially building structures and detailing locomotives, as well as photographing both real and model railroads.