GP35 Operating Manual
By Electro-Motive Division of GM.
Pocket reference paperback, 7.5x4.75", 179 pages. 1965.
"A guide for railroad personnel engaged in the operation of the 2,500 horsepower General Motors Model GP35 turbo charged diesel-electric locomotive.
"It contains seven sections providing you with:
- General Description - provides general description of principle equipment components;
- Cab Controls - Explains functions of cab control equipment used in operating the locomotive;
- Operation - Outlines procedures for operation of the locomotive;
- Mechanical Equipment and Systems - Describes the diesel engine, the fuel, cooling, lubricating oil and air system functions during locomotive operation;
- Electrical Equipment - Explains functions of principal electrical equipment components;
- Electrical Systems - explains electrical systems and circuit functions and
- Trouble Shooting - Describes cause, location and correction of possible troubles occurring during operation."