By Robert J. Yanosey.
Cloth with Dust Jacket, 11.5/8.5 ", 128 glossy pages, color photos throughout. 2018.
- Illinois Central (IC)
- Elgin Joliet and Eastern (EJ&E)
- Chicago Burlington and Quincy (CB&Q)
- Peoria and Eastern (P&E)
- Erie Lackawanna (EL)
- Santa Fe (ATSF)
- Soo Line (Soo), Milwaukee Road (CMStP&P), Chicago North Western (C&NW)
- Chicago and Eastern Illinois (C&EI)
- Toledo Peoria and Western (TP&W)
- Illinos Terminl (IT)
- Pennsylvania RR (PRR)
- Rock Island (CRIP)
"Noted rail official Louis Cerny was a student at the University of Illinois - the Fighting Illini - at Urbana, Illinois in the early 1960s and photographed the early diesels in the area in beautiful action scenes. IC, EJ&E, CB&Q, P&E, EL, ATSF, Soo, Milw, C&NW, C&EI, TP&W, IT, PRR, RI, and many others are chronicled across Illinois and Indiana 1959-1965."